Today is Annabel's one-month birthday! We celebrated by taking her to the pediatrician and letting her get poked and prodded (she loved it). Later, Nate and I had brownie sundaes in her honor. She watched, and again, I think she really enjoyed it. :) At the doctor's office we found out that Annabel has gained 1 inch and about 2.5 lbs in her first month. That puts her in the 75th percentile for both height and weight - she's above average already! The doctor said she is doing great, and she assured us that she's not eating too much, although I was sure she was. I mean really, how many one-month olds do you know who can put away 35 oz of formula in a 24 hour period? But the doctor said it's fine, so we're done counting and our new mantra is "the more chins the better."
Annabel and my first week at home alone was pretty smooth for the most part. Her sleeping has improved a lot (with the exception of last night, which was AWFUL), and we have had fun taking walks and watching daytime television. The Ellen Show is Annabel's favorite. There were two big accomplishments for the week - 1) we made it to our first scheduled lunch date ON TIME... I was very proud of us; and 2) Annabel grew out of her newborn diapers (is it weird that I almost cried?). We also toured both KPMG and the INDOT offices, showing off Annabel to all of mommy and daddy's friends. She slept through the whole thing, of course, but we had fun! The week was capped off with a visit from Grandma and Grandpa on Saturday, and that pretty much brings us up to date! Oh, I almost forgot one last thing - Annabel watched her first NFL draft this weekend as well. She was really surprised at how late Chad Henne and Brian Brohm were drafted...
Here are some pics from the week. Enjoy!
This is my stubborn face.









8 comments:
I LOVE her stubborn face!! I wonder where she gets that from... I also can't believe how big she is getting.
She's a tropper watching the draft, it puts me to sleep. Two of Adam's guys got drafted, one to the Ravens and the other to the Bengals. I'm sure Annabel will be very excited to know that.
ps. Is anyone else shocked by the new sensitive Woody who cries??
yes, I am personally shocked by the Woody who cried at the diaper change growth... WTF?
And on the flip side... what a cute baby. either you take pics only when she's awake, or she is the most alert baby!! and what a face. nice job, 'rents!
Hey,
Congratulations!!!
Annabel is adorable.
Kristie
Red-Dawg, I am with you...all of a sudden our Woody has a heart? What's this world coming to?
Awww, could she be any cuter!!! I want to hold her so bad; wish Daddy + Annabel were coming to Florida next month! Can't wait to see you, Jen.
Stubborn face is the cutest! Can't wait to meet her!
oh my gosh, so cute! love the fantastic entertaining commentary, too. :-)
Post a Comment