Monday, September 6, 2010

Happy Labor Day! We have really enjoyed our long weekend... we didn't go anywhere, but that doesn't mean that we weren't busy! As usual the weekend filled up fast, and we are tired as we get ready to go back to work and school. Here is a look at what we did, going backwards:

Today was my dad's birthday, so he and my mom came down to Indy. This was at dinner.... Annabel was coming off a sugar high because she got her very own hot fudge sundae for dessert. The girl definitely has my sweet tooth - I wish we could have gotten a picture of her face when they put that thing in front of her and she realized it was just for her - priceless!


Really, we don't just feed our daughter junk food, I swear.... On Saturday of Labor Day weekend we took Annabel and her friend Drew to the Indianapolis Indians game. They were so good, we treated them to ice cream, and they loved it. Annabel ate every last bite. :)

Drew loved his ice cream as well - what a cutie!


It turns out that two 2-year olds don't really care so much that there is a baseball game on. We kept them interested mostly by horsing around. Nate was their favorite form of entertainment.


These two are so cute together

Annabel at Victory Field - "what baseball game?"




The weather was so beautiful here this weekend, we did just about everything we could to stay outside. Saturday morning we headed to the park, and Annabel had the place pretty much to herself. It's so crazy to see how much better she has gotten at navigating the playground equipment. The last time we went to this park she spent most of her time at the little kids section, but not this time! She's big stuff now.

Even though she can handle the big girl swings, Annabel knows she gets to go higher in this swing. So she was all about them, and wanted to go as high as we would let her.


This was actually from the weekend before... Annabel loves wearing mommy's shoes!

Just another self shot from home.... this was right after I got back from my business trip to Brazil, and we enjoyed a little girl time. I braided Annabel's hair, gave her a pedicure, and watched a little Dora. It was a great morning!

Look at my pink toes!


....and look at my braid! Daddy can't do that. :)

Last, but not least, I've got a couple of videos for you all.... the first is Annabel riding her bike, all by herself. This is a pretty recent development, and I was so proud of her! The second is one that I took when we were just hanging out at home. The video is long, but I couldn't figure out which part to cut out.... it all cracked me up so much! If you haven't seen Annabel in a while, this is 100% her, uncut. :)




No comments: