Friday, July 18, 2008

Bounce with me, bounce with me...


Hi! This has been a fun week for Annabel, because she got to stay home and play with mommy on Wednesday, and daddy on Friday. Lucky girl! The biggest news of the week is that we took the pack 'n play out of the living room, and replaced it with Annabel's bouncer. We weren't sure if she would be ready for it, but she loves it! We did have to put a box top underneath her, because she's not quite tall enough for it yet, but she loves to bounce, and is starting to become interested in the toys on it. At the bottom I've attached a video of her in it... Nate will probably tell me that it's too long, but I don't care. If you get tired of it, then stop watching! I thought it was cute because she's bouncing and also doing a lot of talking. That girl has turned into a chatter box! Tonight she probably talked for a half hour straight while we were eating dinner. So cute! Poor Nate... I think he's going to have two talkers in the house now. :)

Annabel continues to be such a sweet baby... I really think we are the luckiest parents around. She has such a sweet temperment, and really only cries when she's hungry or tired - and if we're paying attention we can avoid that a lot of the time. She is also growing like a weed. She hasn't been measured for length since her two month appt, but when we took her in for a check up on her ear infection she weighed 17 lbs 3 oz!! I can't wait til her appt at the end of this month, when we can see where she falls on the growth chart (if she's even still on it!). Developmentally she keeps getting stronger... still loves to be on her feet, and is getting better with tummy time. I still don't get a sense that shes' anywhere close to rolling over, but I'm sure she'll just surprise us one day.

Here are some pictures from the week... hopefully I'll get some more good ones this weekend!

Yes, she will hate us one day for posting these... but how could I not?

This is my little sleeping buddah. :)

Here's a new outfit from Nate's mom - thanks!
She is so cuddly... when she needs a cat nap, we race to see
who can get there first and pick her up!

Annabel bouncing on Wednesday with Mommy

Not quite sitting up on her own, but getting really close! She definitely gets excited when she does it on her own.

Annabel's first jean skirt - thanks Megan!

Bouncing with Daddy...


I leave them alone for one day, and this is what happens... At least it's not black and gold...



Here's the video of Annabel in her bouncer. Enjoy!


I have to say that I'm glad Annabel has arrived so that Nate has someone new to pester. This video shows exactly how sweet Annabel is - I don't think any other kid would handle this kind of abuse so well. :)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I think you guys are having waaay too much fun with your new little toy!

Janice said...

I agree Lisa! I think the singing and dancing at the end is the best.

charrel said...

So cute! Aren't the bouncers the best! I love the video as well.

Michelle Shorter said...

Adam loved the last video! It's like you have a real-life doll to play with!