Wednesday, July 9, 2008

We live for Wednesdays...

Happy Wednesday!!! Today was my first Wednesday off with Annabel, and I loved it! I think this one day every week is really going to make a huge difference for me. It was great to spend a leisurely day with Annabel, and we have a lot to talk about! We had two big firsts happen today - first of all, check this out:


This is a BIG DEAL! Annabel HATES tummy time, and typically just plants her face into the floor and cries. But today, all of a sudden, she decides to be a big girl and hold her head up at a 90 degree angle for a couple of minutes. Hooray!

The second 'first' is that I heard Annabel laugh for the first time. Her grandma claims to have heard it before, so it may not be a true 'first,' but for me, it was. It was so stinking cute! First, she did it during her bath, and only did it once because it caught her off guard and I think freaked her out a little bit. Then later this afternoon when she was fussing for my dad, he started mimicking her and making faces, and she started cracking up! Complete with squeals. I loved it! Luckily we got some of it on video, so Daddy could see it too.

That's the big news - we spent the afternoon with my mom and dad, and had a great time. Now it's just two more days to the weekend...

Check out my cute new outfit - thanks Aunt Sarah!!

Annabel LOVES to stand up now. She is such a big girl!Hanging out in the bumbo...

Standing again - this time she pulled herself up from the sitting position. She gets so excited every time she does it. My sweet girl

Why are naked babies so cute? I couldn't resist taking a picture of this little moment - on her feet again!

Another naked shot, hanging out in the bumbo.

2 comments:

Janice said...

Cute green shirt!
oh...and cute baby too...

Lisa said...

I'm so glad you're doing well on your work transition - I was thinking about you :) Love the professional pics, too!