In other news, I survived the first day... It was your typical first day, filling out paperwork, getting my badge picture taken, etc. I met some nice people, and have started learning about engines - something I never in a million years would have guessed I would care about! Tomorrow will be a heavy information dump, so I think I'll probably need to hit the coffee pretty hard. It's hard to make it all the way down there by 8:00! The commute kind of blows... I made it twice today, actually. I had to go down there this morning for a pee test, and then had 4 hours to kill before the training started, so I went back up to Indy to check out a daycare. I really liked it, so I think we're going to switch Annabel over there. It's a better place, with a separate infant room... that is the biggest thing I don't like about where we are. I think Annabel will learn a lot more if she is with more babies her age and in an environment where she can play on the ground without fear of a 3 year-old running her over. Maybe one of them will teach her how to roll over from her tummy to her back! (She can only roll over one way, and gets PISSED when she gets stuck on her stomach. That really sucks at night when she wakes up angry.)
Oh - I almost forgot one more thing - I remembered that I never filled you all in on Annabel's hearing test after her tubes were put in. We went back 3 weeks after the surgery, and they tested her response to sounds in a sound booth. They said that she responded appropriately for a baby her age, and normally that would be the end of it. However, since she has failed hearing screens in the past, they are going to do an ABR test to identify exactly what octaves and frequencies she can hear. That is basically an EKG for her ears... they sedate her, and hook electrodes onto her head... then they play noises that they know she can hear, observe the brain response, and then reduce the volume/frequency until the brain response goes away, meaning that she can't hear it. This will be a conclusive diagnostic test that will finally provide all the answers we need on her hearing. Hopefully the answer will be that everything is perfectly normal! The test is on Oct 3. I'll keep you all posted!
This "brief" post ended up being pretty long. Sorry!!! More to come later....
1 comment:
Glad to hear that your first day went well!! Thanks for letting us stay at your house!
Post a Comment