Sunday, July 6, 2008

My last post as a free woman...



Hello! I go back to work tomorrow... so sad!!! I always thought I would be one of those people who were itching to get back to work and the rest of the adult world, but I was wrong! Don't get me wrong, I don't think I could stay at home forever, but I think in a perfect world I'd like to stay home with Annabel for at least the first year, if not two. But as we all know it's not a perfect world, and so tomorrow I return. I know that we are leaving Annabel in good hands, but it will be hard none the less. I just have to keep reminding myself that Wednesday (my day off on my reduced schedule) is not that far away!

On a happier note, we had a great fourth of July holiday. This year we skipped our annual Dale Hollow house boat trip, and instead had a very relaxed holiday with my parents and sister, and also celebrated my mom's birthday. They enjoyed the time with Annabel, and we all enjoyed the wonderful weather! We cooked out and then went to the fireworks... Annabel slept right through them, which was impressive!

We spent Saturday afternoon at my Aunt's house, helping her pack up her stuff for the big move to Florida. Nate worked hard moving things, and I took care of Annabel (it was a hard job, but someone had to do it!). It was nice to see a lot of our extended family and to say goodbye to Lynne, Bob and their girls.

Today we stayed close to home, and I held Annabel as much as possible! Every time I did, it made me sad to think about tomorrow.... anyway, enough of that, right? So this evening we took dinner over to our friends Amber & Nathan (and daughter Brooklyn), since they just moved in to a neighborhood near here. Nate and I are THRILLED to have friends move to the south side!!! Brooklyn was so cute and got so excited when she saw Annabel... unfortunately, Annabel doesn't really acknowledge other kids yet, so there wasn't much two way interaction. But Brooklyn was fun to watch, as she tried to play with Annabel even when she was being ignored. There are some pictures of the two of them, below.

So that's the re-cap on our July 4 weekend. Here are a bunch of pictures - I think I was a little camera happy. Hopefully I'll manage to keep this thing updated once I'm back to work. Wish me luck!!!!


Naptime w/ mommy

This picture is turned the wrong way, but you get the point - look at those blue eyes!

Annabel loved being outside most of the day on July 4 - perfect baby weather!


Grandma's favorite birthday present Grandma and chubby - I mean Annabel :)
Bundled up at the fireworks...
She looks wide awake here, but she was sound asleep about 5 minutes later...
Daddy & Annabel before the fireworks

Daddy is copying here here... they do look a lot alike, don't they? Daddy is lifting her up in the air - she clearly enjoyed it!
Up up and away!
Here are some of the fireworks that Annabel missed

Here's our little family at the fireworks Snacking on her fist
A new outfit from Megan - those of you who know here won't be surprised to know that the pattern on the turtle shell on her tshirt matched the shorts perfectly. Too cute!
At what age does a buddah belly stop being cute? I love it!


Annabel is constantly sticking her tongue out... here she is in actionAnother close up
She will hate me for this one day... but come on - this is cute!
What a cute little princess!

Annabel and her friend Brooklyn







2 comments:

Janice said...

Hope your first day went okay! I need to start adding pictures to my blog.....they make it so much cuter....or maybe it's Annabel..:)

charrel said...

I love the crown!