Monday, January 12, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Last Friday I turned 30.... I don't really feel any different than I did the day before... however the weekend did serve as a very clear reminder that life's not the same as it used to be. I had ideas of the big party that would come along with this weekend, celebrating the 30 great years that have come before it... what I did not envision was staying at home on Friday night because Annabel had pink eye and we couldn't take her to Amber's house for fear of giving it to Brooklyn. I didn't envision treating an ear infection on Saturday, or getting Annabel up from a nap on Sunday and finding her in a puddle of puke. Poor Annabel had a rough weekend, and life kind of revolved around her... but that's our life now, right? And I wouldn't have it any other way... I'm a mom at 30. It's different than I imagined, but at the end of the day I spent the weekend with my family and it was great. We can party later. :)

The picture above, and a few of the ones that follow are from our dinner on Saturday night with my immediate family and Nate's sister Gretchen and her girls. We had a lot of fun and got some great pics.

Me and my parents

My brother (John) and sister (Nikki)

Gretchen and her youngest, Abby

Nate and our oldest niece, Hannah

Annabel always enjoys a good meal out, despite all of her ailments!

This was at the end of the night, just before bedtime


I love this picture... believe it or not, her thighs have thinned out! We had Annabel's 9 month appt on Friday, and she measured in at 29 inches and 23.5 lbs.... that's the 97th and 95th percentile, respectively, so she continues to be on the big side, but proportional. When they got done measuring her on the doctor's table, I picked her up, and couldn't believe that she filled the distance between the two markers showing her height. Where did my baby go?


I took these pictures last weekend... we got her this walker for Christmas, and I really thought she would be about a month away from being ready to play with it. Boy was I wrong! She does really well... mostly standing and practicing her balance, and a few steps here and there. She has let go of it a couple of times and stood on her own - that was exciting!



Look Ma, one hand!

No comments: