Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

Welcome to 2009! It's so hard for me to believe that the year Annabel was born in has passed us by.... I can't wait to see what 2009 will bring us.... no doubt it will be even more fun that the last! Annabel and I had a good new year's eve, however the same can not be said for Nate. He came down with a flu of sorts, so Daddy stayed home and Annabel and I went to a party with some of my new co-workers who also have young kids. We had a great time, though I did feel bad about leaving Nate at home.... but, there's no point in skipping the party when Daddy was just sleeping at home anyway, right? Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures :( but we did snap the one above the next day. We thought about taking it in her diaper, but decided that might be mean. :)

New Year's Day we put away the Christmas tree, and got out her new chair.
It's a little big for now, but she seems to like it!

On Friday Nate's mom, sister Sarah, and Sarah's husband, Jerry, came to visit. We spent the day at the house, since Nate was still feeling pretty crummy...but it was still a pretty good day, and Annabel enjoyed spending time with them.
Jerry tickling her toes


She's got eyes for her Uncle Jerry!

This was taken at snack time.... she like's her baby cheetos!

Give me the cheeto - NOW!

Reading with Grandma.... thanks for the great bear, Aunt Terri!

I mentioned above that Annabel loves her cheetos (don't worry, they are special baby cheetos - I'm not feeding her the real thing). Anyway, in the past week she's discovered that she can show a little temper and let us know what she wants.... here is a video of her when she doesn't get her cheetos as fast as she wants. I promise that after filming this, I am done encouraging this type of behavior... it's pretty bad..... but so funny!

Here is a video of Annabel doing a new trick of hers. She can do it herself, too, and likes to do it in the middle of the night when she should be sleeping. It's one of our favorite things.

2 comments:

Michelle Shorter said...

Cute videos! Adam says Annabel looks like the Mad Hater in the first picture. She looks like she had a great New Year.

Allie said...

I like Annabels blue and brown outfit. I saw it at Babies R Us and thought it would be cute for Riley but I have been banned from buying her anymore clothes until she is born. Marc takes all the fun away! I like Annabel's chair too, she looks so cute (and grown up) in it!