Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mommy!

My birthday was last Saturday, and I got exactly what I wanted and needed - a nice quiet day at home with Nate and Annabel! The best part of the whole day by far was when I woke up and walked into the living room to be greeted by Annabel, who said, "Happy birthday, Mommy!" She was so proud of herself, especially when she saw how happy it made me. She proceeded to say it throughout the day, just to see if she would get the same reaction. Nate was also very proud, because I guess they had been working on it before I got up, and she managed to say it all by herself. :) Thanks for the sweet present, Nate!

That night my friend Helen came over to babysit for us, and Nate and I headed out for a nice dinner. All in all, it was a really great day!

Here are some other pictures from our weekend:

While Mommy wanted to stay home all day on Saturday, Annabel got a little bored. So she had to play dress up to entertain herself.

On Sunday we went up to Merrilville to meet Nate's aunts, sister and nieces for lunch. We had a great time, took up a lot of space, and left a big mess (and a good tip, I hope!).

Annabel borrowed Hannah's hat, and showed her how she should wear it if she wants to be "cool" at day care.

1 comment:

Allie said...

That is too sweet that Annabel was wishing you a happy birthday, I can't wait for Riley to do that! Glad you had a good birthday!