Tuesday, January 12, 2010

SNOW! Take 2

Last week we finally got enough snow to really be excited about - probably about 4 inches. I braved the cold and went to get a sled for Annabel. So after work, while Daddy went out to shovel the driveway, Annabel and I decided to head outside as well. Getting ready to go was quite the ordeal, and once Annabel was dressed she could hardly move.... but she was warm! When we finally got outside, Annabel was psyched! She absolutely loves the snow... and she is definitely her father's daughter in that she does not care at all how cold she is as long as she is playing and having fun. In fact, when I decided it was time to go inside (I was freezing my a** off, so I know she had to be cold too), I saw a temper from Annabel that I've never seen before. She was so angry with me that she didn't know what to do with herself! One second she was swatting at me and the next she needed a hug because she was so upset. I just watched and laughed on this inside. I knew something was coming after all, because she had made it clear that she was not ready to come inside! But I'm not sure I was ready for the ferociousness of the storm. :)

So, long story short, Annabel is a snow bunny. It's a good thing for her that her daddy loves the snow too, because her mommy does not! We've already discussed that snow will definitely be his job.... I'll be ready with the hot chocolate.

Aunt Gretchen, these snow pants fit great! Thanks!


Come on guys, I'm ready!


Faster, Daddy!





Annabel loved shoveling the snow almost as much as the sledding. She watched Nate for a little while, and then decided she wanted to help too. Not sure how much 'help' she was, but she definitely had fun doing it!


Taking a break from shoveling, Daddy taught Annabel another use for the snow shovel.


The news says that the snow is going to start melting tomorrow. Annabel will probably be sad, but I'll be glad that I don't have to fight with her every time it's time to get in the car. I've had to make sure I keep the garage door closed until she is in her seat, so that she doesn't make a dash for the driveway! Goodbye, snow!

No comments: