Monday, January 25, 2010

Super fun weekend in Chicago!

This weekend we packed up the car and headed up north to see our friends Leah and Bob, and their kids, Maggie and Rylan. Maggie is about 6 months older than Annabel, so it was really fun to watch them play and also to see what Annabel is going to be like in about 6 months! And Rylan is only a month old, so that was fun for Mommy to get to squeeze an itty bitty baby again. We only had one jealous episode from Annabel, which was about what I expected. She threw a big fit at first when she saw me holding him, but once she saw that it wasn't going to change anything it passed pretty quickly. He was such a sweetie, I just couldn't put him down!

Maggie and Annabel played pretty well for the most part - they had their moments of course where they fought over the same toy or chair, but all in all it was a success. It makes me excited to get together again soon, to watch how they change.

Here are some pics from our visit:

Annabel "helped" Maggie ride her tricycle. Sorry about the scuff marks on the wall, Leah! :) My little girl is getting so big!


So I know when we go to the pediatrician I will have to fill out a card where I mark 'yes' or 'no' next to various development skills. You stop at 3 'no's', and then that supposedly gives the doctor an idea of where she is compared to other kids her age. One of the ones that has always been a 'no' so far is "eats with a spoon and fork without making a big mess." I was hoping we would master that before she turned 2, but I only have 2 months to go.... so what do you think? (really, she normally does much better than this)


Sweet little baby!!!


Maggie and Annabel had fun at bath time! Nice hair, ladies.... :)


Maggie and Annabel had matching pajamas - how fun!
Thanks for hosting a great weekend, Leah and Bob! Although I didn't get any pictures of the adults, we all had a lot of fun, too. :)

On the way home, we stopped at my parents' house to watch the Colt's game. My mom decided to play dress up with Annabel, so she spent the afternoon in a tu-tu. So cute!

This was at snack time. She's playing peek-a-boo with Grandpa

This face cracks me up for some reason

Annabel got a little stir crazy, so we went out for a walk during the game. It was a little colder than we thought, so it was a short one. The tu-tu went, too!


Annabel watching the game - Go Colts!!!

No comments: