Sunday, January 17, 2010

A typical Friday night at our house....

I remember what Friday nights used to be like.... getting home from work, dressing up to go out to dinner, maybe a bar or a movie. Usually some drinks, and bed late. Now when I get home from work I get a big hug from Annabel, we have dinner, and then we play. Bed around 9:30. This last Friday night the first game of choice was hide and seek. Annabel will hide behind something and then you'll hear "Ah-bel, Ah-bel" - that is your cue that you should be looking for her. I think this game will become a little bit more fun when she figures out how to expand her number of hiding places beyond the current 2. :)

After she got tired of hide and seek, we gave her a "new" toy that we got from Nate's sister, Gretchen, that her kids have outgrown. Since Annabel is obsessed with our camera and taking pictures, we knew she would just love the fisher price digital camera. She doesn't get the concept of aiming yet, and because of where the button is to snap the picture, she always holds it facing her. So she just ran around snapping pictures of her own face from about 4 inches away. You'd think the flash would bother her, but not at all! Instead, she laughed hysterically every single time. At the end of the night it was hard to get her to part with it - we had to "put the camera to bed" in order for there to be a peaceful goodnight.

So that's how I spend Friday nights now..... And I've got to say, I wouldn't have it any other way! Looking forward to the next one!

Hide and seek!

I found you!


This was Annabel's reaction when she first got the camera - I don't know if I've ever caught such pure joy from her on camera.


Check out my new camera, mommy!

I think this face came as a result of a flash in the eye

Maybe she's not doing this quite right....
Thanks for the great camera, Aunt Gretchen!!!

1 comment: